The program fee for 2018/19 is CAD $6,500, plus GST.
- September 1 – non-refundable deposit of $500 + GST (applied to program fee) required to confirm acceptance of admission
- September 30 – full payment of program fees due
Payment is made through the secure UBC online payment gateway via credit card or accepted Interac cards (BMO, RBC, ScotiaBank, TD CanadaTrust). Please note, we are unable to accept Visa Debit cards.
TELP Credit Option & Fees
TELP participants have the opportunity to take a portion of the program for graduate academic credit (6). These credits will be useful for those who wish to dust-off and re-establish academic capabilities, perhaps in considering an application for future doctoral work. Tuition for these courses will be covered by the TELP program fee, however additional application and student fees for the credit option will be paid by the student. Registration in the credit option and payment of additional fees will occur after the program has begun.
- If you are interested in learning about a credit option, indicate by checking the appropriate box on the online TELP application form when you apply for the program.
- Application fees to the UBC Faculty of Education will apply for those wishing to take the credit option (currently $39 for UBC graduates, $68 for domestic applicants, $102 for applicants with international documents).
- Some additional student fees will apply to those who enrol in the credit courses. If you meet certain requirements, you may opt out of some fees (U-Pass/Compass Card, AMS Extended Health and Dental Plan), and we will provide instruction for that, but some student fees are required. These fees are assessed on a yearly basis and are subject to change, but a good estimate is around $500.
- Applicants who have been accepted into the program and have indicated interest in the credit option will be contacted by the TELP team with further instructions.
Cancellations & Refund Policy
Many program expenses are incurred before the program begins, and cannot be recovered in the event of late cancellations. There are no refunds after September 30, 2018.
If you cannot attend, fees may be applied to an accepted substitute person any time up to and including the first day of the program. Please contact us with any questions/concerns.